A. Welcome to UNi4 Online
- If your participation in an online short learning programme is being paid for by a third party, then the third party is bound by all provisions in these Terms.
- Please note that the online short learning programmes offered by UNi4 Online are non-credit bearing and not accredited.
B. Accessing UNi4 Online
- Students can register for any of our short learning programmes online through the registration links available on our Site.
- To participate and successfully complete the short learning programmes, you require a registered email account, access to a computer/laptop/tablet and stable internet connection. You should be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, use Microsoft Excel, view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word.
- All information (including personal information) provided to us on registration, on creating an account, or while accessing UNi4 Online services and online short learning, must be true, accurate and complete. You are also responsible for updating us in the event of a change to your information.
- If you are under the age of 18, you are required to obtain written consent and assistance from your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms or register for an online short learning programme, and this registration would need to be separately managed through our academic department by arrangement to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
C. UNi4 Online Programme Fees
- When you register for an online short learning programme, you agree to pay the applicable Course Fee and any other amounts due.
- When you register for an online short learning programme, you hereby agree to an invoice that shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided on enrolment. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment in payment of that invoice.
- If bank charges and/or fees are levied or added to a payment made by you to us, you shall be liable for all such bank charges and additional costs.
- Should you fail to make an installment towards your Course Fees by the due date for payment (as agreed during enrolment and recorded in your invoice) we may suspend your participation in the programme and revoke access to the learning management system. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the Virtual Learning Environment until such time as the outstanding installment has been made by you. You are granted a period within which to rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of time, we reserve the right to cancel your registration and remove you from the course. You are subject to the conditions of the Refund Policy pertaining, described in section D Cancellations and Refunds below.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE) on our Site for price listings, product descriptions, or other documents that may contain mistakes or may not include some details.
D. Cancellations and Refunds
- Cancellation of a programme is subservient to the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) of South Africa and the extended (but conformant to) stipulations of this policy.
- A cancellation must be made known in writing or any other recorded manner and form, within five (5) business days after the later date on which the agreement was concluded.a. Contact our Retentions Officer at email@example.com to discuss your reason for cancellation.b. Our Retentions Officer will discuss your rationale and help you reach an informed decision.c. Where you proceed with the cancellation, you need to complete and submit a cancellation of studies form.
- The refund process (within the cooling-off period within five (5) business days) is concluded within fifteen (15) working days. Should you cancel after the cooling-off period, but within fourteen (14) working days, it is subject to evaluation by the Retentions Officer to determine any possibility of a partial refund.
- After the cooling-off period, you will not be entitled to a full refund of the course fees. Any refund arrangement, in this case, is at the discretion of the Online Academic Department Office.a. Consideration needs to be given to the time period and the degree of access and progress reported by the Virtual Learning Environment platform.b. A refund is calculated by the Online Academic Department Office on its discretion that may involve a bilateral solicitation with you to mediate and resolve the most amicable result.
- Should a refund be determined and approved by our Online Academic Department Office, UNi4 Online will process the refund within 90 days of the decision.a. The refund is to be processed onto the same means paid for it, or to an account agreed to in writing.
- UNi4 Online reserves the right to suspend access to course material in the event of payment default. Any resulting discussion or dispute is conducted according to the guidance of Par. 69 of the LRA. If such develops the Online Academic Department Office will enter mediation with the purpose of determining the facts and resolving the dispute. All in observance of the LRA stipulations.
E. Programme Syllabus Delivery
- English is the language of instruction and administration for all UNi4 Online short learning programmes. All coursework that is required for assessment purposes must be written in English. This includes posts made on the discussion forums.
- Each online short learning programme consists of several modules delivered over a specified duration via the Virtual Learning Environment platform. All course-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the Virtual Learning Environment platform.
- You may receive communication by telephone or email from UNi4 Online academic representatives for programme administration and related purposes, including reminders of assignments, or other information related to your registration or these Terms.
- Only students who are registered for an online short learning programme may participate in that programme. You may not provide your username or password to any other person, may not permit any other person to participate in the programme on your behalf, and may not impersonate any other person in dealing with UNi4 Online using another user’s username and password. If you have forgotten your username or password, our technical support (firstname.lastname@example.org ) will assist you to change your password in your student profile.
- All online short learning programmes include tasks and assignment(s) per module. Your assignments are graded within an allocated 48-hour time period. Any queries relating to your previous assignment may be directed to your Student Success Coordinator or Academic Tutor.a. Contact either one of these support personnel by using the Tawk.to chat bubble on our Site or within the Virtual Learning Environment to speak to them.
- All our online programmes include module videos. These videos fulfil the introductory lectures for the topics covered in the specific modules and are compulsory unless otherwise stipulated.
- Should you apply for a module or assignment extension, you are required to make a request with our Customer Services.a. Note: The success of your academic extension request will be dependent on your learning journey status and at the discretion of your request. The acceptance of your academic extension will be at the discretion of our online academic manager.b. Contact Customer Services on email at email@example.com or by making use of the Tawk.to chat bubble on our Site or within the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Your final grade or completion of programme status may be subject to an academic moderation process. If you are dissatisfied with your academic result, you are within your right to an appeal within seven (7) working days after the final result has been made available.a. Contact Customer Services or your Student Success Coordinator/Academic Tutor who will explain the appeals process to you.
F. Student Support
- Student Success Coordinators and Academic Tutors are available to students from Monday to Friday 08h00 to 16h30 (GMT +2) excluding weekends and South African public holidays.
- Student Success Coordinators and Academic Tutors are available through the learner management system accessible by logging into the system with the provided login credentials.
- Student Success Coordinators and Academic Tutors are the student’s first point of contact when it comes to academic queries and they can be contacted on via the Tawk.to chat bubble.a. Student Success Coordinators assist with general learning management customer service. Where specific academic assistance is required an Academic Tutor can be requested online via the Tawk.to chat bubble, or on request (as an escalation) by a Student Success Coordinator.b. Student support is facilitated by the Customer Care capability through Customer Service for general customer service, specific learning environment help, and actual academic content help with the course you are enrolled for.
G. Transferring from One Online Institution Programme to Another
- An unabridged Transfer Policy document can be made available to students on request.
- Full-time/Part-time Students: A student who desires to transfer their enrolment from one UNi4 Online course to another may apply for permission to do so from UNi4 Online within five (5) days from registration.
- The transfer is subject to a fee adjustment and a new credit application. It is subject to the UNi4 Online approval of the credit application and the transfer.
- When transferring, the course carrying the higher fee, irrespective of the course out or into which the transfer is done, is applicable.
- Any additional materials, notes, books, or costs issued and delivered are payable for both courses.
H. Deferrals of Online Short Learning Programmes
- Study deferrals must be applied for in writing to UNi4 Online within fourteen (14) days of the start of the course. Flexible study options may be considered at the sole discretion of the academic department. A deferral charge of 30% (thirty percent) of the original cost of the Online course (to be deferred) is levied against the consumer as precondition to UNi4 Online approving the application for the deferral. A full Deferral Policy document can be made available to the student on the Virtual Learning Environment platform after enrolment.
I. UNi4 Online Certification of Competence
- On successful completion of your online course, UNi4 Online will award you with a UNi4 Certificate of Competence. It is issued in your legal name, provided to us during the registration process. You will not be awarded a certificate if you do not meet the stipulated requirements for the award of a certificate. If you are found guilty of plagiarism (even for the first offence) where a satisfactory explanation is not given, UNi4 Online may decide not to issue a certificate to you. No changes can be made to the standard form or wording of a certificate for any reason.
- UNi4 Online issues an electronic certificate on completion with a printed certificate via courier to your residential street address, provided to us during the registration process or such other address you have nominated.a. Certificates are not issued where the account of a student is not 100% paid up in accordance with the agreed payment terms.b. A letter of completion can also be issued; however, it is dependent on the same requirements as a certificate.c. UNi4 Online cannot be held liable should you provide an incorrect address or if no address is given and cannot guarantee the delivery date and time.
- If you receive your certificate with a printing error, you are required to notify us and return the erroneous certificate to the sender before an amended version will be issued. We cannot be held liable for printing errors resulting from incorrect personal student information provided to us.